The Green Circle Food Hub is a fast-growing business founded during the March 2020 lockdown. We believe that a community of farmers and food lovers can inspire the change needed for the better health and wellness of people and our planet, one local ingredient at a time.
Delivery Driver - immediate start date
As a Delivery Driver for the Green Circle Food Hub, you are THE face of local food for the homes buying groceries through the Virtual Farmers Market, the restaurants buying for their menus, and the farms we work with. Our business started during the March 2020 lockdown as a way for small farmers to sell their food, we now feed 1,000+ homes across the Greater Toronto Area with food from more than 60 small producers.
Your job is to safely deliver groceries to people's homes and to pickup food from the producers we work with.
We use cutting edge software to manage your delivery route and to notify people when to expect you.
Drivers work 6-10 hours per shift. You can expect regular work Tuesday, Thursday & Friday and the occasional shift on Wednesday and weekends.Part-time (about 30 hours per week) to start, leading to full-time work in the Summer.
- Experienced driver (10+ years) with valid G license and a clean driving record (no speeding tickets or accidents).
- Comfortable driving on highways and in downtown Toronto
- Customer Service experience (ideal candidate has worked in the service industry)
- Able to carry 20-30 pounds
- Physically able to step in and out of the delivery trucks (Mercedes Sprinter vans)
- Passionate about local, sustainable food and food security
How to Apply
Send application to email@example.com with the subject 'I want to drive local food'. Attach your resume and in the email explain why you'd like to join our team.