Kendal Hills Farm
Price Per Unit:
Pleurotus Ostreatus var. Columbinus
“The Friendly Fairy”
Deep in the woods beside a little farm, live the Forest Fairies. They are subtle creatures: mild yet earthy, delicate yet woodsy, with smooth, velvety wings, and extremely good taste. This favourite nutty buddy is dubbed The Friendly Fairy, because it’s beloved by all, and has the ability to get along well with just about any dish it meets!
Our favourite way to enjoy these is to take an entire cluster and drizzle it with olive oil, then roast it on the barbeque or in the oven (at around 350°F) until tender and crispy. These versatile mushrooms are also a chef-favourite, bringing subtle flavour to sauces, soups, egg dishes or standing alone alongside grilled meat or vegetables. Store them in a paper bag in your fridge for up to a week.
About Mushaboom Mushrooms by Kendal Hills Farm
Kendal Hills Farm grows & forages its own mushrooms, under natural conditions. The varieties change with the seasons.
We also source mushrooms from:
- King Oyster (certified organic) from EnviroMushrooms in Burlington, Ontario
- Shiitake (certified organic) from Weth Mushrooms in Goderich, Ontario
- Maitake (certified organic) from Weth Mushrooms in Goderich, Ontario
- wild mushrooms from Mikuni Wild Harvest in British Columbia
- wild mushrooms from local foragers