“The Snow Fairy”
Deep in the woods beside a little farm, live the Forest Fairies. They are subtle creatures: mild yet earthy, delicate yet woodsy, with smooth, velvety wings, and extremely good taste. This winter wonder is named The Snow Fairy, not just because of its snowy-white wings, but because it has the power to flourish in cold temperatures and withstand the frost!
Our family’s favourite way to use these is to tear them up by hand and add them to salad (though they can be eaten raw, we like to saute them first to bring out their flavour). They hold their shape well during cooking, pair nicely with chicken and fish, and make a yummy addition to egg dishes such as omelets, quiches, and frittatas! Store them in a paper bag in your fridge for up to a week.
About Mushaboom Mushrooms by Kendal Hills Farm
Kendal Hills Farm grows & forages its own mushrooms, under natural conditions. The varieties change with the seasons.
We also source mushrooms from:
- King Oyster (certified organic) from EnviroMushrooms in Burlington, Ontario
- Shiitake (certified organic) from Weth Mushrooms in Goderich, Ontario
- Maitake (certified organic) from Weth Mushrooms in Goderich, Ontario
- wild mushrooms from Mikuni Wild Harvest in British Columbia
- wild mushrooms from local foragers