Lunar Rhythm Gardens
Just 3 available!
Price Per Unit:
Parsley, also known as 'Italian' parsley, has a dark green colour and flat, serrated leafs. It is usually ready for harvesting in Ontario from the spring and throughout the summer and fall.
Parsley can be used as a garnish or as an aromatic in savoury dishes. It can be frozen, dried, or used fresh. The seeds are often used in cooking as well and tend to lend a stronger parsley flavour. Parsley is a favourite in the kitchen because it combines very well with other spices, herbs, and flavours.
Parsley originated in the central and eastern areas of the Mediterranean region, and has naturalized itself in Europe where it is cultivated for a herb and the roots as a vegetable. Parsley is widely used in European, Middle Eastern, and American cuisines. Parsley is closely related to carrots, parsnips, anise, fennel, cumin, and caraway.
Jessica from Lunar Rhythm Gardens is known for being very generous with her herb bunches, so if you feel overwhelmed with this bunch here are some easy ways to make use of it:
- tabbouleh, with either bulger, quinoa, or couscous as the grain
- add to salads, sandwiches and wraps (it doesn’t need to be just a garnish!)
- blitz it in a food processor with some oil, salt and other ingredients to make a pesto or chimichurri that can be enjoyed with bbq’d corn, as a marinade for meats, or can be frozen for use in the winter
- make a compound butter with some garlic, it will make some incredible garlic toast, or can be frozen for later
- separate the leaves from the larger stems and freeze separately, use the leaves in soups, sauces or dressings, and add the stems to broths