“The Secret Agent”
This sneaky Secret Agent is a master of deception! At first glance it might be cauliflower, but go ahead - cook it up and take a bite! That delicate, meaty texture - is it lobster? Crab? Can it really be a mushroom?! It has a sweet and mild taste, but with its porous nature, it disguises itself with surrounding flavours like a tasty little spy!
Our family loves to slice this one up into quarter-inch thick "steaks", then dry-fry them to brown both sides, before adding garlic, butter, and onions and cooking until tender. However, these beauties also go great in sauces, stir-fries, stews, curries, and as a meat or tofu substitute in any of your favourite dishes! In the meantime, store them in your fridge in a paper bag for up to a week.
About Mushaboom Mushrooms by Kendal Hills Farm
Kendal Hills Farm grows & forages its own mushrooms, under natural conditions. The varieties change with the seasons.
We also source mushrooms from:
- King Oyster (certified organic) from EnviroMushrooms in Burlington, Ontario
- Shiitake (certified organic) from Weth Mushrooms in Goderich, Ontario
- Maitake (certified organic) from Weth Mushrooms in Goderich, Ontario
- wild mushrooms from Mikuni Wild Harvest in British Columbia
- wild mushrooms from local foragers